Ace the PRAXIS I test using our PRAXIS I exam study guide with practice questions.
Quickly Solve Difficult PRAXIS I Test Questions with the PRAXIS I Flashcard Study System.
Select the best version of the underlined portion of the sentence. Select A if you believe the sentence is correct as is.
1. Music therapy can be an effective treatment for many people who have expressive aphasia.
2. There are many activities: like sports and crafts: that do not require language.
3. As we neared the house we could hear him scream, 'Go away!'
4. Peter regained consciousness, looked around and recognized his mother.
5. 'Baseball,' she said, 'is the most tiresome game of all.'
In each of the following sentences three portions are underlined and lettered. Select the portion that is incorrect, or select D if the sentence is correct as is.
6. John and Jack decided (A) that the best course of action would (B) to immediately (C) visit New York.
7. The talent competition is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors; (A) freshmen, however (B) will not be allowed to enter (C).
8. After sustaining sever (A) wind damage, (B) the beach house had to be (C) closed for the rest of the season.
9. 'Because,' (A) he said, 'if I do that than (B) you will look ridiculous.' (C)
10. The report ends (A) with a long paragraph, in which (B) the officer gives his own (C) opinion of the case.
1. A. The sentence is correct as written; there is no need to separate the clauses in this sentence.
2. D. A dash is most appropriate for separating this additional information.
3. B. A comma is not necessary before this quotation.
4. C. Commas are necessary to separate the three distinct actions.
5. A. The sentence is correct as written; the first comma should go inside the quotation marks, while the second comma should go outside.
6. B. The word be is required after would.
7. B. A comma is necessary after however.
8. A. The word should be severe.
9. B. The word than should be used instead of then.
10. D. The sentence is correct as written.
For additional information, we recommend you check out these free Praxis test resources:
© 2013 Copyright Study Guide Zone. All rights reserved. All information on this site is provided as is, without warranty.
Since we are giving information away, we cannot be held liable for incidental mistakes. Test names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with StudyGuideZone.com. Permission is not required to add a link to this resource.