Ace the GRE test using our GRE exam study guide with practice questions.
Quickly Solve Difficult GRE Test Questions with the GRE Flashcard Study System.
1. What is the best antonym for formal?
2. What is the best antonym for melancholy?
3. What is the best antonym for sanguine?
4. What is the best antonym for veracity?
5. vex: annoy:: chew: ______
6. lord : vassal :: _____ : slave
7. slothful : dynamic :: humble : _____
8. dialect : language :: jazz : _____
9. Try as he might, Fred was unable to entirely _____ sweets.
10. After a life spent in the city, Ralph took great pleasure in the _____ delights of his new region
1. C. A formal event is one to which fancy dress is to be worn, while a casualevent is less dressy.
2. D. Melancholy is similar to sadness.
3. A. To be sanguine is to be hopeful about the future.
4. C. Veracity means truth or accuracy.
5. C. Vex and annoy are synonyms, as are chew and munch.
6. D. A lord rules a vassal, and a master rules a slave.
7. A. Slothful and dynamic are opposites, as are boastful and humble.
8. D. A dialect is a subcategory of a language, just as jazz is a subcategory of music.
9. B. To foreswear something is to renounce it.
10. B. Pastoral means of the country.
For additional information, we recommend you check out these free GRE resources: