PCAT Verbal Practice Questions
1. His _____ got so intense that he thought he might _____.
2. Despite the fact that the neighborhood was in _____, it still had a sort of shabby _____.
3. The light was growing _____, and Roger found it difficult to _____ the numbers of the houses.
4. She was _____ and hurt by his voice; it was uncharacteristically _____.
5. His story was full of _____ which had no real _____ to the issue at hand.
D. dribble____fringe Analogies
6. Dover: Delaware :: _____ : Vermont
A. Carson City
7. cumulus: cloud :: deciduous:_____
8. nation : patriotic :: deity : _____
9. finger: hand :: _____:skeleton
10. timid: fierce:: crazy: _____
1. B. It is possible to faint due to severe pain.
2. D. Something in decay can still retain some attractive qualities.
3. A. Dim light can make it difficult to discern, or read, print.
4. D. She would have been surprised and hurt by a harsh voice.
5. A. Digressions are departures from the main theme of discourse.
6. B. Montpelier is the capital of Vermont, as Dover is the capital of Delaware.
7. C. Cumulus is a type of cloud, deciduous is a type of forest.
8. B. A person would be patriotic towards his or her nation and reverent towards a deity.
9. C. A finger is part of a hand, while a bone is a part of a skeleton.
10. A. The opposite of timid is fierce, while the opposite of crazy is sane.
For additional information, we recommend you check out these free PCAT test resources: