ARDMS – Vascular Physical Principles & Instrumentation Examination
The American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) offers assessments and credentialing for medical sonographers, and the Vascular Physical Principles & Instrumentation Examination is one of the assessments offered. This criterion-referenced test lasts two hours, and includes around 120 questions in multiple-choice format. Around 15% of the test questions are not counted as part of the total grade, but are used as pre-trial questions for future exams.
The subject areas of the Vascular Physical Principles & Instrumentation Examination include:
- Ultrasound Physics – 35%-45%
- Ultrasonic Imaging – 15%-25%
- Physiology & Fluid Dynamic – 10%-20%
- Physical Principles – 15%-25%
- Ultrasound Safety & Quality Assurance – 3%-7%