Ace the GED test using our GED exam study guide with practice questions.
Quickly Solve Difficult GED Test Questions with the GED Flashcard Study System.
1. If Mark purchased x t-shirts at $6 apiece, and y sweaters at $20 apiece, which expression represents the total value of the purchases?
A: 6x - 20y
B: 6x + 20y
C: 20x - 3y
D: 20x + 3y
2. Solve: 4 - (-5 +8) =
3. Matt scored 8 more points than Ted in the basketball game, and their scores together made up a quarter of the team's total scoring, which was 112. Which equation represents this scenario?
A: 4(8 + x) = 112
B: 4(2x + 8) = 112
C: 112/4 = 8 + x
D: x = 112/(4 x 8)
4. Simplify: 8x + 19x - 6y - (-y)
A: 27x -5y
B: 27x - 7y
C: 11x -5y
D: 11x + 7y
5. Simplify: -3(x + 2x2 + 3x)
A: 12x - 6x2
B: -3x + 2x2 - 6x
D: -12x - 6x2
6. If Janet buys 6 dresses at 15% off the normal price x, which expression represents how much she has saved?
B: .15 (6x)
7. Simplify: 7x3 + 5y2 - 4y2 + 2x
A: 9x4 +1
B: 9x4 + y4
C: 9x2 + y2
D: 7x3 + y2 +2x
8. Solve: (3x + 9)/2 = 9
9. What is the value of 20x - 3y2 if x = 2 and y = 3?
10. Simplify: 4(x + x2 + 3x2 - 6x)
A: -20x + 16x2
B: 24x +16x2
C: 20x + 16x2
1. B. Add the respective products of the number of items bought and the cost.
2. C. Solve the equation by focusing first on the parentheses.
3. B. The variable represents the number of points scored by Ted.
4. A. Remember that two negative symbols make a positive.
5. D. Remember that unlike exponents cannot be combined.
6. B. The decimal .15 is the same as 15%, and x represents the normal price.
7. D. Remember that unlike exponents cannot be combined.
8. A. Multiply 9 by 2, then subtract 9, then divide by 3.
9. D. Remember your order of operations: exponents, then multiplication, then subtraction.
10. A. Remember that unlike exponents cannot be combined.
For additional information, we recommend you check out these free GED resources:
© 2015 Copyright Study Guide Zone. All rights reserved. All information on this site is provided as is, without warranty.
Since we are giving information away, we cannot be held liable for incidental mistakes. Test names and other trademarks are the property of the respective trademark holders. None of the trademark holders are affiliated with StudyGuideZone.com. Permission is not required to add a link to this resource.